In just five years since its inception, AIIGMA established itself as the true voice of the Industrial gas industry. In 1980, the CII or the Confederation of Indian Industry (then known as AIEI or the Association of Indian Engineering Industry) formally closed its ‘Gas Division’, which had gas manufacturers as its members and recommended that all members of this division join AIIGMA.
In fact, the gas industry was one of the first sectors for which the CII agreed to have a separate association as its member. AIIGMA membership has thus grown manifold, with a voice for an even wider number of industries, people and organizations; in fact, AIIGMA represents all those who have any interest in the industrial gas industry in India. Its members currently account for over 95 percent of all revenues generated by the industrial gas industry in India.
Our strengths lie in:-
- Identification and dissemination of information on business opportunities available for promoting trade and business within the country and abroad.
- Propagating the importance of safety in manufacturing and handling of industrial gases.
- Creating an institutional framework for policy-planning and promoting trade and economic co-operation.
- Promotion and co-operation in the areas of research and development, meeting gas manufacturers’ various requirements and transfer of technology and foreign investment.
- Co-ordination and assistance to business delegations visiting India and Indian business delegations going abroad.
- Promotion of import/ export of gas cylinders, plants and equipment for gas industry.
- Processing of trade enquiries.