All India Industrial Gases Manufacturers’ Association (AIIGMA) is an autonomous body of the Indian Gases Industry and is not part of any State or Central Government entity. AIIGMA efficiently streamlines the operations of the industry players with that of the governing bodies and consumers. Moreover, the association also helps players collaborate with foreign delegates, further leading to lucrative business opportunities.
Presently, the AIIGMA members include units engaged in production of Industrial/Medicinal Gases, Gas Cylinders, Cryogenic Vessels, Gas Plants, and other allied equipments.
AIIGMA is represented in the Standardization Committees of the Bureau of Indian Standards for standardization of gases and gas cylinders. Association is also part of the expert committee formed by Petroleum & Explosives Safety Organisation ( Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry Of Commerce & Industry, Government of India ) for drafting of Gas Cylinders Rules & Static Mobile Pressure Vessels (unfired) Rules.
To identify and strengthen the role of Indian Gas Industry for the economic development of the country in an open and dynamic environment, where people connected with the industry can and do succeed.
• Identification and dissemination of information on business opportunities available for promoting trade and business within the country and abroad.
• Propagating the importance of safety in manufacturing and handling of industrial gases.
• Creating an institutional framework for policy-planning and promoting trade and economic co-operation.
• Promotion and co-operation in the areas of research and development, meeting gas manufacturers’ various requirements and transfer of technology and foreign investment.
• Co-ordination and assistance to business delegations visiting India and Indian business delegations going abroad.
• Promotion of import/ export of gas cylinders, plants and equipment for gas industry.
• Processing of trade enquiries.
• To act as a catalyst for rapid economic development of the Gas Industry through promotion of trade, industry and services, and strengthening linkages for technological advancement. Further emphasise safety and improved productivity, and encouraging work ethos and business ethics.
• To be a proactive body that will lead the way in providing quality services to its members. The Association will form links with foreign constituents for technological advancement.
• To undertake research and development by encouraging interaction between industry and academia.
• To enhance the image of gas industry by projecting its commitment to society at large, for example: in the field of health, environment and safety.
Early 1970’s saw a phenomenal growth in the Indian Gas Industry. This necessitated formation of an official representative or body, that bridges the gap between the Gas Manufacturers, Government Authorities and Consumers by effectively synergizing their needs and potential. This gave rise to AIIGMA in June 1975, registered under the Societies Registration Act XXI of 1940. From just eight members in 1975, the Association today has grown from strength to strength, with its current membership standing at 310.